In case you missed it, some great activists are coming together in Oakland, CA this weekend to demand real leadership on climate change and strategize on how to achieve it. The heavyweight (activist) contenders include 350.org, Californians Against Fracking, EarthJustice, Idle No More, and you know Global Community Monitor will be there!
Here’s why YOU need to be there:
- Activists from all over the State are planning on attending. This means you’ll have an opportunity to connect with the farmer in Kern County, concerned about groundwater contamination from fracking as well as the community leaders who are winning the fight in the Monterey Shale
- There WILL be stickers!
- By attending you’ll be able to learn about and contribute to statewide strategies to protect our communities for 2015
- Oakland’s a great city and the march should take you past the famous Grand Lake Farmers Market where you can pick up a quick snack and relish in the support from the Grand Lake Theater.
- As always, the more of us show up, the louder the message is to Gov. Jerry Brown!
And, here’s the line-up:
- Saturday, February 7th starts out with a march at 11:30am, meeting at Frank Ogawa Plaza.
- Later that day, Californians Against Fracking (CAF) are hosting a statewide convergence at 4pm at Laney College. Activists who are working to stop fracking in their communities will convene to hear more about CAF and to discuss how their local community or organization can engage with others across the state.
- Sunday, February 8th, ForestEthics is closing out an amazing weekend with California’s first-ever statewide strategy summit on oil by rail from 9:30am – 4pm at Laney College.